Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TD Ameritrade and ShareBuilder Reviews

In my two years of trading stock I have used two trading web-site.  I have used ShareBuilder and TD Ameritrade.  In this blog I will break down why I like these platforms for my trading.


ShareBuilder offers a very easy to use site that is straight forward.  This user friendly site makes even the least tech savvy person look like they know what they are doing.  I would recommend this site for starting off and small account individuals.  The transaction fee on ShareBuilder for a trade is $6.99 with no monthly fees.

The thing I like the best about Share builder is that I can transfer funds to my account very easily.  It links my bank account and my ShareBuilder account so funding my account is about as simple as it gets.  If I need to take money out of my account is just as simple.  ShareBuilder has a good mobile application that you can use that is also very easy.

The research on ShareBuilder is just alright it’s easy to navigate but they don’t offer a lot of extra insight on the stocks.  ShareBuilder could improve that aspect of their sit but other than that I don’t have any complaints.


TD Ameritrade to me seems to be one of the best trading web-sites available at this time.  TD Ameritrade has a good website with lots of research tools offered.  Funding your account is fairly simple.  The transaction fee is $9.99 per trade with no monthly fee. 

My favorite feature is the trading platform that they have to offer.  It is called Think or Swim, you down load it to your computer similar to a program and it has so many tools that you can use to optimize your trading experience. 


TD Ameritrade offers a play money option on the Think or Swim platform.  This is a great tool for beginner traders and also someone attempting to figure out the Think or Swim platform as it can be intimidating at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment